Navigation
Current Announcements

Polk County

Website: www.co.polk.or.us/clerk

County Information

Polk County was created from the original Yamhill district in 1845 by the Provisional Legislature. It was named for then President James Knox Polk. The first county seat was at Cynthia Ann. City officials later changed its name to Dallas, after Vice-President George M. Dallas, and moved the community about a mile to improve its water supply. The first courthouse was at Cynthia Ann. A second courthouse burned in 1898 and was replaced with the present building built with sandstone quarried three miles west of Dallas. A three-story office annex was completed in 1966. Polk County Human Services was consolidated in the newly acquired Academy Building in 1989. Traveling back roads in Polk County will reveal many attractions, from covered bridges and pleasant parks to vineyards, wineries, and bed and breakfast lodgings spotting the surrounding hills. Many roads meander through beautiful fertile valleys from the Willamette River to the timbered foothills of the Coast Range. Polk County was the primary destination of early wagon trains which took the southern route to Oregon. Cities located in Polk County include Dallas, Independence, Monmouth, Falls City and portions of Salem and Willamina. Oregon Blue Book: http://bluebook.state.or.us/local/counties/counties27.htm
Contact Info
Polk County
Polk County Courthouse
850 Main Street 97338
Dallas OR 97338

Hours: 8-12 / 1-5 M-F
Phone: 503-623-9217
Fax #: 503-623-0717

Members Directory


Edit county information for Polk County Administrative login required
Home |  Member Login designed and hosted by: Helion Software, Inc.