OREGON ASSOCIATION OF COUNTY CLERKS
ADOPTED SEPTEMBER 24, 1991
To enhance education, productivity and service by encouraging professional growth for Oregon County Clerks and Recording and Election Officials.
- To increase professional competence
- To increase the values of the professional to the County
- To increase the quality of service provided to the public
- To provide an opportunity for County Clerks and Recording and Elections professionals to gain personal growth and development as well as professional recognition.
The objective of the Certification Program is to provide County Clerks and Recording and Elections professionals with a framework within which they may seek practical, planned learning experiences through offerings that will enable them to learn the basic requirements of their position as well as to establish additional professional goals and skills necessary for advancement.
This will be accomplished through the identification, creation and offering of training opportunities which:
- Introduce the County Clerks and Recording and Elections professionals to new ideals that will enhance effective performance in their offices;
- Increase the professional’s confidence to meet the ever-changing political, social and economic environment;
- Enhance professional development through attendance and involvement in professional associations;
- Emphasize the professional’s role and the need for continued maintenance of high standards in providing services; and
- Provide recognition of the professional’s skills by awarding certification in the specific skill area in which the professional has demonstrated expertise.
Who is eligible to receive certification?
Only full and associate members of the Oregon Association of County Clerks are eligible to receive certificates and be certified by the Association. Dues must be paid and current. Four categories of certification are available based on a combination of points earned in the experience section and the education section.
I’m in! How do I enroll in the County Officials Institute (COI)?
All participants that register for the Fall or Spring COI are automatically enrolled in the program. Participants are responsible for signing the attendance sheet at in-person courses. IAC will track progress of all participants.
What Certifications are there?
- Certified County Clerk (C.C.C.)
- Certified Elections Administrator (C.E.A.)
- Certified Recording Administrator (C.R.A.)
If you have any questions about OACC certification process, please contact the certification chair (Amy Southwell) at 541-265-4131 or via email at [email protected].